Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday, Meaningful Monday!


So it's Monday already...I like this Monday (shocker!) My hubby is off today and tomorrow. I LIKE!
It's been a hot day and my head is hurting a bit, but it was a good day nonetheless ;-)

This week has been riddled with little "worry thoughts" here and there. I'm not full blown worried but just thoughts pop up in my head here and there "Oh no what if..." sort of questions.
I usually get over them pretty quickly, but i don't just want to get over them i want to get rid of them all together.
So I did some research and found 50 verses in the bible on worry, I printed them out (twice) one to put in the house and one to put in the car. I figured that should cover my normal to go places.
Whenever i get those "worry thoughts" i just whip out my verses and start meditating on one of them. 
This weeks verse really stood out to me you can find it in Psalms 73:26. I love psalms, David has such a "human" way about him, meaning he puts things is such a great way, i can feel his pain and his search for more of God. But he also shows a human side and that is what really encourages me!

My flesh and my heart may fail, 

    but God is the strength of my heart

    and my portion forever.

I like that the verse starts out with "my flesh and my heart may fail" that is so true...they will. mine does daily but instead of getting down about it I read on and I LOVE that he uses the words "BUT GOD"...it means there is hope! "But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever" So even though my heart and flesh may fail God is all I need, I need to repent and seek forgiveness and He is all I need to get through anything.
There are tons more verses that stood out and i'll share them as i go through them ;-)

This week has been an awesome week, we've had new friends over, been able to hang out with some pretty incredible people and get some alone time here and there. God is answering prayers steadily and surely! We are so blessed!

My baby (well he's the baby for now!) turned two! I can't believe it! He's such a cutie and a joy to be around! He was sitting in his car seat this morning and I noticed him signing his verse :-) sooo cute and a blessing to see he takes joy in saying it. I'm sure that won't always be the case...but I'll be glad in it for now ;-)

The many faces of my wonderful two year old
Things with the house are moving slowly but haven't heard anything bad...so i guess that's a good thing!
Keep us in your prayers! 

My munchkin number uno..is doing better in his speech everyday, he's a very particular little boy ;-) 
He hit my knee by accident this morning, and he caught himself, bent over and kissed my knee saying "sorry mommy...booboo" so love having toddlers! even though they can make me want to pull my hair out at times!

Well I have a pretty awesome cupcake recipe to share and might not make it to Thursday to share so stay tuned! if you like buck eyes (peanut butter covered in chocolate) then this recipe is for you!!!

Have an awesome rest of your Monday!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment