|Yummy, warm and steamy "nana" bread...yum!|
|Find the ickiest, smooshiest bananas|
|Lika diz ones|
My son helped me make these. 2 bananas, 1 egg and a dump truck were somewhat harmed during this en devour, but not to worry everything and everyone ended up fine (except for the egg of course).
My son has an over eager little spirit and can have the urge to over rush things a tad. frustration and patience is something we are working on. I pray one day he will truly find the joy in cooking.
Anyways, My youngest couldn't wait to get his hands on these warm delicious and steamy slices of "nana" bread (the word steamy totally makes me laugh and somehow makes me think of the song "I'm sexy and i know it" except in this case it's dancing bananas singing the song....I'm way to tired for my own good lol)
Here is the recipe for the "nana" bread...hope you enjoy it!
Here are some tips:
- I used plain low fat yogurt instead of the sour cream (turned out great!)
- The bread doesn't really need a crumbly topping since the crust becomes slightly caramelized, sweet and crunchy.
- The riper the bananas the sweeter and more banana-y the bread.
- Store bread in an air free container, bread tends to dry out fast if not stored.
- If the top starts to darken too fast while baking just lay a piece of foil over the pan, but don't seal it, it needs the air. Just lay it gently on top.
|Make sure you spray or grease your pan good!|
|This recipe filled two loaf pans|
|Bake baby bake...|
|Now that's a happy smile!|
Moist Walnut Banana Bread
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup sour cream (I used low fat plain yogurt)
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch pan, or two 7x3 inch loaf pans.Combine banana and sour cream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and banana mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the banana mixture. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan or pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Adapted from allrecipes