Sunday, June 24, 2012

A late but very sincere Saturday!


So it's late...again. And guess what I can't sleep...I could go on and on about sleep deprivation but I won't.
Today was a good, hot full day!
I guess i'm slightly late with my Saturday post...but for the three readers that actually read this, I'm sure you will survive! lol

So lets get started...should I start with bad or good first?     Bad then good, that way I leave on a good note ;-)


  • I really despise finding toddler shoes anything, for boys that is. Either they are completely out or just don't know how to stock. Now I'm not bashing the workers at all. Now if you need girls...anything...no problemo choices galore. grrrr it took me a full hour browsing two stores only to find out they have no toddler boys summer shoes (well at least not under $20).
  • This heat...need I say more. It's just so freakin hot! I can't do anything with the boys without fearing they might get scorched up in a manner of minutes. 
  • Lack of birthday "specials". My baby turned 2 today, we thought it would be fun to take him out for a birthday brunch. chose a place I was sure would honor this cuties birthday by giving him a free ice cream...NOPE nada! Not that I expect them to dish out a free meal or anything. But really not even a free ice-cream! needless to say I wasn't that mean, I shelled out the measly $0.85 for the poor fella.
  • Work hours, I love that my husband loves his job but I'm not too thrilled about the fact that they seem to love him a little too much, making him stay 3-4 hours after his normal hours?! really. Its OK the first three times but the fourth really got me and not to mention he missed his baby boy turning 2. And no overtime pay!!!! grrrr
  • I can sleep, but as I mentioned I won't take over this blog for that!
  • 30 min wait time at a diner is NOT ok for a mom with two toddlers. And no I really don't want to wait thank you very much!
  • I hate that my earthly sinful mind just gets in the way all the time! I hate that my mouth just doesn't stop talking about myself. I want to get to know other people and love them as He did but just don't seem to get over myself...Oh Lord... My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.   Psalm 73:26 (NIV)

Ok so those were a couple negative thoughts, now that they are out....phew I'm good lol
but please remember I have positives for all those negatives. In my opinion every negative should be acompanied by 5 positives. But if I did that now you will be coming up with a lot of negatives about this blog and my name "too long" lol


  • As I had mentioned in the negatives I hate buying boys shoes but i must say that when I do find the right ones I'm glad for walmarts low prices...$3 for a pair of croc-like shoes...yes please!
  • Did I mention I LOVE having boys, they are so easy. to dress to entertain to talk to...I love it!
  • I'm soooooo thankful for AC in the car and in the house. I'm thankful that my house keeps the cool in.
  • Even though we didn't get a free ice-cream, my munchkins behaved extraordinarily well and had a huge blast in the play area. I also really appreciated a young couple sitting behind us, very earnestly take the time to thank the Lord for their meal! I do that with my kids, but I must say I don't see others do that often. and for my son to see it and point it out warmed my heart. so thank you awesome young couple ! you just influenced my son in an awesome way! keep it up!
  • I'm very proud of my husband and the hard work that he does to provide for the family. And i'm so thankful that God provided a job that he loves!
  • I can't sleep but i'm able to make use of my time like writing here on my blog ;-)
  • Glad that waiting times are only in certain restaurants and again for well behaved kids today!
  • I'm so thankful for smart phones or just regulat cell-phones, I lovew being able to talk or text to friends and family. I like being able to call my mom and talk or have her call my little munchkin to say happy birthday! 
  • I'm thankful for church family and "small" groups (ours isn't small lol) it's such a blessing to my day to be able to meet up and hang out with other couples my age with or without kids! it's really been an answer to prayer! Love you guys!
  • My boys are my smile! they make my day (although they can make it hard too lol) but I'm so glad God gave them to us.
  • I'm so thankful for Gods forgivenss and mercy! My verse I learned today My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.   Psalm 73:26 (NIV)
  • I love that God has blessed us so immensely these past few months, it's been truly astounding! Learning to fully trust Him.

So with that I say adieu and goodnight! (well not quite got some birthday cupcakes to make!)  
Have a Blessed Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment