Thursday, November 11, 2010

We are the Lord's!!!

Romans 14:7-9
7 None of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself. 8 If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord; so then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. 9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living 

A powerful passage that brings me hope at this very moment. for as I write my Grandfather is preparing to meet his Savior. What a time to choose to start a blog! well it's a perfect time. 
The reason I wanted to start a blog is to start writing down things that happen in my life, so I can one day look back and remember all the little details, good or bad. So what better way to start a blog than to start it with remembering some of the most influential people in my life:  My Grandparents!

My grandfather and Grandmother have been some of the most amazing people in my life! that doesn't mean they were perfect in my eyes. heavens no! we had plenty of fall outs and disagreements lol
but they did the best they could with what God gave them! 
Grandma; Marian was a high spirited (like me) woman who had the most loving and servants heart I have ever seen. I pray often that God might give me the ability to reach out to others as she did  without fear or hesitance. She showed me what true love meant and I hope I can teach my kids those same qualities.
Grandpa; Judson the monarch of this family, has such an amazing passion for God and to learn more about his Saviors life and ministry. He took care of his family well and did whatever it took.
I know that they were not saints and I am sure all their 5 kids would have plenty to complain (as well as praise don't get me wrong)about, like all kids do. But I hope in this blog not just to focus on the good but also to realize there are lessons to learn from their ups and downs and to learn from their experiences in life. 
Their relationship had ups and downs like any other couples but their love for their savior shined through and touched so many lives. they are an example of how God can use you for his amazing plan. 
My grandparents lived their lives to the fullest, had a full life and lived it to their Saviors glory.
Now it's our turn, it's my turn to pick up the torch and lead the way for my kids so that one day they might have one of their grandchildren write a blog in their remembrance, and pray and hope they can be more like them and most importantly learn to live their lives according to God's will.
That's my prayer...we have big shoes to fill!!! but I am so up for the challenge.
So thank you Grandpa and grandma for being the example you where and for the life lessons you shared with us most of them you might not even know about! I thank God for you! love You

My Grandparents and their children and spouses, what a blessed family we are!


Judson H.Greene went to meet his Savior at 2:45pm today. Praise the Lord oh my soul, and all that is within me praise His holy name!

In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.
When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

this is not goodbye it's a see you later!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song is one we sang on tour, and it's so haunting it's beautifull. I'll play it for you next time I'm up.

    ReplyDelete