Wow that sure is a mouthful...literally! But who doesn't LOVE cookie dough right? I remember begging my mom for cookie dough when she made chocolate chip cookies for my dads lunches. We would get one spoonful, and maybe a lick from the bowl. I'd savor it and take as long as I possibly could to finish up the tasty goodness. When my parents moved back to the states and I stayed back to finish my degree, I lived with a family, The mom ALWAYS had a batch of frozen cookie dough in her freezer for the taking...
heaven on a cold spoon ;-)
This cupcake is a very rich and very safe version of cookie dough (egg less). The cupcake itself tastes like a chocolate chip cookie. It doesn't stop there...the cupcake has (egg less) cookie dough inside it. Can you imagine biting into a chocolate cookie, and being met with the gooey sweetness of cookie dough? then to top all that off the cookie is covered with chocolate chip cookie dough frosting!!! yes you heard right "chocolate chip cookie dough frosting" ...so rich it's practically a crime! Be still my beating heart!
For those health freaks (you know I love you) that get concerned about raw cookie dough, don't fret! the cookie dough is made with sweetened condensed milk and therefore does not require eggs. no raw eggs = no salmonella risk = happy mommy. And I am seriously not that concerned with the whole eating raw flour debate. I really don't think I consume enough raw flour for it to be a problem. But you are free to have your own opinion ;-)
I opted for the quick version and omitted making my own small cookies to place on top of the cupcakes.
I used the chips ahoy mini cookies, saved time ;-)
We brought these to our small groups 4th of July party and they were a hit! The party was a huge hit and we had an awesome time! It was fun to sit back and relax with good food...no I take that back GREAT food and amazing company! Check out some of the pic's from that evening!
|Our awesome 3rd of July party ;-)|
Here is the recipe for these delectable cupcakes ;-)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tin with some pretty liners you should need 12.
- Beat the butter on medium-high in the bowl of an electric mixer fit with the paddle attachment, until soft, about 30 seconds. Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix the eggs in one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition.Scrape down sides of bowl if needed.
- In a separate. medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.stir to blend well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl on low speed, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, mixing each addition just until incorporated.
- Blend in the vanilla. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cupcake liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp. light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3.5 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy. about two minutes.
- Beat in the flour, the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla until incorporated and smooth.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips and cover with saran wrap. Put in the refrigerator until firmed up. about an hour.
- To fill the cupcakes, cut a cone-shaped portion out of the center of each cupcake. Fill each hole with a chunk of the chilled cookie dough mixture.
- 1 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Beat together the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until creamy.
- Mix in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour and salt. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract until smooth and well blended.
- Frost the filled cupcakes as desired, sprinkling with mini chocolate chips and topping with mini chocolate chip cookies for decoration.
Cupcake recipe adapted from Hello Baker