Monday, September 10, 2012

Calm My Anxious Heart-The Start of a New Journey




Ever Have oodles to say but just can't seem to get it on paper or screen? ... Yep, that would be me!
I've even had dreams of writing blogs or books or whatever...I was just writing, freely without one hiccup or pause, just pure thoughts pouring out...and then I wake up, and NADA just me, staring at a very blank page/screen. fingers clam up, not sure what they are to do. My mind starts racing a 100 miles a minute, going nowhere.  
Hi , my name is Maria and I have writers block, and I'm not even a writer.


There have been so many good moments, thoughts, verses, scripture, book quotes, posts and blog entries this week. So much to say and share. but my mind just can't seem to remember them all and now again my mind is playing tricks on me and my fingers are slowly clamming up...grrrrr blasted fingers!

Anyways it's Monday the most dreaded day of the week. To me Monday is a welcomed day, it's the start of a new week. A new endless list has been made of things that need to get done (but never will).
Mondays usually start pretty good, I'm up early, cup of tea and bible in hand and ready to tackle the day.
By the end of Monday I'm ready for Sunday to roll around so that I can magically get the "Monday" energy all over again ;-)

This fall (and might I add that I am soooo thankful for the cooler weather and pumpkin everything ;-)...) is going to be a good one.
I'm excited for the new bible studies that are starting. Sunday night the church has started their "Life-school" programs. I eagerly signed up for the woman's class "Calm My Anxious Heart". we will be following a book called...yep you guessed it... "Calm My Anxious Heart" written by linda Dillow  (click on the link for the book).
This past Sunday was the first meeting...and...I ...Missed...it. Darn naps! but thankfully the leaders are also leading this study online! lucky me!

Today's homework:

  • Read chapter 1
  • Write Philippians 4:11-13 on a card and go over it everyday. Pray it. Praise God with it. Memorize it. 

Philippians 4:11-13

New International Version (NIV)
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Philippians 4:11-13

New Living Translation (NLT)
11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.13 For I can do everything through Christ,[a] who gives me strength.


What an awesome verse! and what a great reminder to know that God gives us all we need (not what we think we need) but what we need. 
It also reminds me of the verse in 

Matthew 6:26 
"Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?"


What an awesome God we serve! I need to remember to smile more to be content. lately when I start getting worried or anxious I think about the sparrows and pray for God's peace. lately I have been doing a lot better in the worry department. all thanks to God's strength.
It's so important to wake up and spend the first couple of minutes of the day with God, what a huge difference in my countenance when I take the time to read and thank Him for all He does! 

My thoughts on chapter 1:

I am such a Meredith! My mindset definitely follows this pattern "Finally, Maria, whatever is not true, whatever is not noble, whatever is not right, whatever is impure, whatever is unlovely, whatever is not admirable—if there is anything not excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
My negative thoughts tend to take over. ME ME ME Me and MOI!!!
ugh what a convicting thing to read in the first chapter alone...this is gonna be good!

  • Never allow myself to complain about anything -  not even the weather!
  • Never Picture yourself in any other circumstance or someplace different.
  • Never compare your lot with another's
  • Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
  • Never dwell on tomorrow-remember that tomorrow is God's, not ours.


Such good reminders, they seem very hard but again our verse above tells us that With God's strength we can accomplish all these things!
I love how she puts it: "He infuses our lives with His strength. I love tea. I drink it every morning. Now I have an awesome image to think of when my tea bag drops into the boiling water and infuses the tastes and flavors into the water. What an awesome Picture of God's strength being infused into our lives!

Paul knew what it meant to be content. If he can write such a thought provoking verse in prison in chains then I should have no problem being content in my own life! but yet i find I'm not!





May my life, an alabaster box, be broken in front of you. may Your fragrance and strength be infused in my life May they linger and never die or fade.
May I be content in only You...You are enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment