So today is Thursday...Já ,Ydw, oui, ja, si and yes that means tasty goodness coming your way! and today i have an awesome treat! But also today is the perfect day to celebrate sweetness...it's my sister's birthday today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! so I dedicate these pretties to her today!
Peaches are in season this month, and I get the best of the best...farmers market in GA = awesomeness. fresh, sweet and huge GA peaches directly from the local farmers here in GA, can't get any better than that!
I LOVE peaches! from the first bite all the way to wiping the juice off your chin in the end. yum!
These pretties are a simple yet "not-too-sweet" cupcake. they resemble a peach cobbler more.
The cupcake is a simple vanilla cake with fresh peaches scooped in the middle and topped with a sour cream/ whipped cream mixture. The frosting (well it can't really be considered a frosting) the topping is slightly sweet and really complements the peach cupcake.
the cupcakes don't rise too much so they are smaller cupcakes. Also since they have the fruit in the middle, the cupcakes don't have a similar size. they really do resemble muffin or cobbler style desserts.
but the flavor is to die for. My husband, who loves death-by-sugar frosting's was not too keen on these. I however don't like the overly sweet frosting's and tend to scrape mine off. but these are scrumptious just the way they are... a perfect balance.
My sister and I are 18 months apart and were always asked if we were twins lol
although i know we have been through a lot and times have not always been good, we both gone our own ways and have our own life. but nonetheless we are sisters and I would never ask for another! Hope you have an amazing day! Enjoy! one step closer to 30 (ugh I'm so not looking forward to that!) Here are some pics of my sister and I ( Oh no she didn't!!!...oh yes I did) ;-)
Sweet Peach Cupcakes
makes 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium nectarines, peeled, halved, pitted, and finely chopped (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium peach, halved, pitted, and very thinly sliced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the cupcakes: Sift together flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir together milk and vanilla.
- Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With mixer running, add eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating twice with milk mixture.
- Line a standard muffin tin with baking cups. Fill each with 1 tablespoon batter, 1 heaping tablespoon chopped peaches, and an additional 2 tablespoons batter. Bake until edges begin to turn golden, about 25 minutes. Let cool in tin.
- Make the topping: Whisk together cream, sour cream, and sugar to medium peaks. Top cupcakes with a dollop of cream and peach slices.
Recipe adapted from Martha stewart