Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Worship Wednesday; God's Blessing Like Water Flow


This Wednesday was jam packed with messages, encouragements and loving words and reminders from my Savior!
Crave was awesome this morning God really revealed Himself to me! I love when He does that so personally and direct.

(Crave on Wednesday's is something our church provides, it's a prayer and meditation time for the women of the church)

We have been going through the Jesus Calling book, every week we get a small piece of paper with the message and corresponding verses for that specific day. Of course you come and follow God's calling, meaning you read whatever He puts on your heart. Such a sweet time of communion with our Lord. I Love it and "crave" it ;-)
for today (the 8th) we got to read this:


I speak to you from deepest heaven. You hear Me in the depths of your being. 
Deep calls unto deep. You are blessed to hear Me so directly. 
Never take this privilege for granted. 
The best response is a heart overflowing with gratitude
I am training you to cultivate a thankful mind-set. 
This is likebuilding your house on a firm rock, where life's storms cannot shake you. 
As you learn these lessons, you are to teach them to others. 

I will open up the way before you, one step at a time.

 Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls;

All Your waves and billows have gone over me.
Psalm 42:7;


Oh come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
Psalm 95:1-2; 

“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:  and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
Matthew 7:24-25




The yellow words are the words that somehow stood out to me while I was reading.
God placed the word "water" on my heart.
We meet in the sanctuary, when walking in I was struck by the sound of the AC running. usualy people (including me) find the noise quite distracting. Today the sound reminded me of rushing water and waterfalls. I was reminded of the sound of cool flowing water.
I love the sound of rain, it's calming to me. The sound of the AC and the thoughts on waterfalls and rain, led me to this song by Laura Story  (watch the video here). She sings "What if your blessings came through raindrops?" and it just touched me someway.
I pictured a girl standing in the rain with her arms raised, just accepting the raindrops as they surround her. A picture of how God just engulfs us with blessings and gives us all we need "one step at a time"
Our joy is to joyfully and freely receive with a thankful and grateful heart. Sometimes I just concentrate on getting cold and wet that I miss out on what God has given me.

A good friend illustrated it so perfectly; she saw god pouring out blessings. There were 4 different kinds of people. the first received the blessings (rain) gratefully and without hesitation. The second person received the blessings but still fearfully hid under an umbrella, receiving only bits here and there. The fourth person just stayed inside the comfort of his home and never ventured out, this person declined the blessings of God and continued with what he thought was the best plan...his plan. the fourth person had absolutely no idea about Gods blessings and was completely oblivious of the blessings being poured down all around him.
As I was thinking about it, in my mind I could see all these things "raining" down over us and we were standing with open arms and hearts to receive them. Then I thought of how, in the natural, when it's raining we automatically want to grab our umbrellas because we don't want to get wet. However, in the spiritual, who wants an umbrella or other barrier up when God is raining down all these wonderful gifts on us? We want to be completely saturated by those things and by His Spirit!
We sing the song "Rain Down" and ask God to open up the heavens and rain down on us. And in reply He says, "Look up! I already have! Receive the blessings I've given you!"

Are you standing under an umbrella waiting for God's blessings? Or are you standing in the deluge, soaking up every drop?


I want to be the first person, the person who ventures out boldly and gets soaked with Gods blessings! The person who is not fearful for he knows he has an awesome God protecting him!
His house is built on firm ground and stable on the rock, even the storms can't budge it! THAT is who I want to be!

Hope this was a blessing to you as well! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment