Sunday, February 12, 2012

Black Bottom Cupcakes to celebrate valentines


 
Wow I feel like I've been gone for a lifetime! I've been taking a break from facebook and blogging to refocus on some changes we've had (good ones).
But what better way to return than valentines day!
I have heard that decadent chocolate desserts are one of the most raved about valentines gifts, these definitely fit the bill :-)
A moist chocolate cupcake with a rich cream cheese filling...mmmmmm I'm craving one of these right now



I'm not a real valentines girl, I don't really like the idea of celebrating someone only one day of the year.
God gave me the most amazing husband I could ever ask for and I just can't celebrate that gift one day in the year. I choose to celebrate Him every day I possibly can :-)
Love is much more than chocolate, flowers and gifts...it's work but work that is so worth it. God decided to give His son to die for me and your sins, He paid the ultimate price one that I know I would most likely not be willing to do myself.
That right there was true love and I can only pray that I can learn to love my husband and amazing boys the way He did and does!

Happy valentines!




Black Bottom Cupcakes

Ingredients

  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin tins with paper cups or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt until light and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Make a well in the center and add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir together until well blended. Fill muffin tins 1/3 full with the batter and top with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
* Use Special Dark cocoa if you like dark chocolate.
* A little extra vanilla never hurts anything. 
* Soften the cream cheese prior to mixing, set on the counter for an hour or two, DO NOT MICROWAVE. 
   Mix the cream cheese, sugar and egg just until there are no more lumps, then add 1/2 bag of chocolate chip.
   DO NOT OVER MIX.  If filling is runny then it carmalizes on top and never "sinks" into cake. If under
   mixed then filling will taste like cream cheese.  
* Following day filling firms up for a different texture(still good), but microwave for 10-15 seconds can
   re-gooey it for you if you like that better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment