Friday, January 13, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies


Wow what a mouth full huh! As I sit here eating the last...num num...cookie I realize...yikes...I just ate a whole plate full! So much for new years resolutions!
But these are great! very peanut buttery (just like my hubby likes it). It's like dipping a huge spoon into the peanut butter jar and then turning around dipping it into the chocolate fountain and then stuffing it into your mouth.
I'm not a huge peanut butter fan, don't get me wrong...I like it within reason. These are slightly too peanut buttery for me, but as I said my hubby LOVES them this way so win win I guess.
It's late and I'm rambling...I blame the chocolate-peanut buttery goodness ;-)
These are really easy to make, but be sure to follow the directions. If you don't let it boil for 2min the cookies won't set!!! very important! But have fun making them!
Enjoy these little "mind-fumbling" goodies!


Chocolate Peanut butter No-Bake Cookies

Ingredients

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 3 cups oatmeal

Directions

  1. In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. 
  2. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. 
  3. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment