Chowder is one of those dishes that makes me want to cuddle up in a large fluffy blanket and listen to the wind howl out side while I enjoy my piping hot potato chowder!
And this one does not disappoint! I love all cream based soups yum! can't get enough! especially now the weather is getting cooler. I've had some problems though with my oven, it's been a mite finicky. this recipe luckily does not use the oven...but...yes it does use my very nifty "can't life without" microwave (mine is a 1300, if you have a microwave that is under 900 you might have some difficulties with this recipe, mainly with the cook times). as I just mention this soup is made entirely with the microwave and has turned into one of my fav. soups.
Try it out on a colder night when you don't have the energy to clean a but load of dishes (wich is always for me lol) just try this recipe out!
Use God's plentiful provisions well and enjoy!
|Loaded baked Potato Soup|
Loaded baked Potato Chowder
- 3 Baking potatoes
- 3 1/2 cups Milk devided (I used %2)
- 4oz Cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2-3 Green onions with tops
- 4oz Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Coarsely ground black pepper
- Optional topping like Bacon, Broccoli, Sour cream
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise; place in a Deep Covered Baker. Pour 1/2 cup of the milk over potatoes. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 11 minutes. Remove baker from microwave. Move center potatoes to ends of baker and outer potatoes to center. Cover; microwave on HIGH 8-11 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Remove baker from microwave. Coarsely mash potatoes.
- Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese until smooth in a seperate bowl. Slowly add remaining 3 cups ) milk, whisking until smooth. Add cream cheese mixture and butter to baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until mixture is hot. Slice green onions.
- Carefully remove baker from microwave. Grate cheddar cheese over chowder; add green onions, salt and black pepper and mix; until cheese is melted. Serve with toppings, if desired.
- Serves 6 (8cups)