So awhile back I had shared an amazingly easy pizza dough recipe! I am hooked and have been making that my main go-to recipe for anything using pizza dough, it's home-made, inexpensive to make and doesn't require a lot of time! all A+ in my mind!!!
So I came across this recipe and had bookmarked it to try a month ago (that's how long it takes to get to something *sigh*) these pizza bites are über easy and really really good...addicting good and most importantly the kids LOVE it, even more than the store bought ones! and anything that my kids give the two thumbs up for is a blessing ;-)
so here is my recipe that...yes...again I found it on Annie's eats ;-) but there is a great monkey bread version of these on the confections of a foodie bride...go try them you will be hooked just like us and it takes the same amount of time as buying them from the store. The pizza dough can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer without problems, just pull it out and let thaw, then whip up these bad boys and voila!
Click here for the pizza dough recipe. Be creative and make different variations ;-) like maybe add some cooked sausage, green peppers, switch up the cheese...add mushrooms,olives, bacon!? whatever you're favorite toppings are ;-) be creative!
|Pull off a a small piece of dough a little smaller than a golf-ball|
|Flatten out the dough|
|Put pepperoni (however much you want) and mozzarella square in the middle of the dough|
|Pull the dough over the pepperoni and cheese and squeeze the seams together to close, make sure there are no holes|
|Form it into a ball and place it into your greased glass pie pan|
|Brush on olive oil mixed with Italian spices and garlic, top it off with fresh grated Parmesan|
|Bake in a pre-heated oven at 450 for 15-20 min or until it's lightly browned|
|The pizza bites pull apart really easy ;-)|
|Yummy cheesy/pepperoni goodness!|
|Even Chunky here loved them ;-)|
Easy pizza Bites
- Pizza dough recipe
- Your favorite pizza toppings (make sure you cook meat before adding to the dough)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp Italian spices
- 1 garlic clove crushed and placed in the olive oil with the Italian spices
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Warmed simple marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 and grease a glass pie pan
- Make a batch of the pizza dough according to the recipe (feel free to use your favorite pizza dough recipe)
- Make the pizza bites according to the pictures above
- Bake the pizza bites in the preheated oven for 15-20min or until lightly browned
- Make simple marinara sauce
- Dip the pizza bites to your hearts desire and enjoy!